Saturday, June 14, 2008

#4 - My left nostril hurts

This week started quite chumly, and ended sour, so onto my first thought quite quickly:

Thought #1 - My week

Many issues arose within the week, but I guess the main thing is my bass is broken. This means Clara has passed away. Clara was like a bass to me.

The truss rod inside the neck has snapped and the place it's been snapped is digging into the cavity of the wood. Can't be fixed, only replaced.
Wait, there's more.
What's better is that I have a performance assessment on Tuesday and Wednesday specifically for 5-sting bass and I don't know anyone who has one. Just peachy.
And it gets better.
The store I bought it from Liquidated and closed down, meaning the warranty that came with the bass is void. The only possible option is to send it back to the manufacturing company/dealer of the brand (Ibanez - if you know guitars, its a DECENT brand) and I'm without a bass for around 1-2 months. And I don't know if it's even going to cost me anything yet.

Fucking beautiful.


And THAT my friends, is only issue #1 of my week.

It honestly keeps getting better and better. At this rate, I'll end up breaking both hands causing severe trauma so i can't play bass, guitar, piano, just music in general, and then my voice box will rupture so I can't sing. Then an Alien Space-ship will squish Condor (my car) and I'll be beamed to Zargon 19 where they'll bury me alive with Big Ted from Playschool. Who farts in the tomb. Constantly.

Well... I'm still managing to put a smile on my face somehow, but maybe that's my brain protecting itself from a break-down.

I might go through the index of B-Z of my problems another week.


Thought #2 - Slinkies and Shampoo (loving the alliteration)

How many times have you had a goofy look on your face while a slinky tumbled down the stairs? I know I have. I can almost garuntee I've made you want a slinky and a large staircase now too. I also was thinking, many people are like slinkies: They're useless, but you'll always smile seeing one tumble down the stairs. It also reminds me of an episode of Futurama where Bender goes Bend-Crazy and bends everything. When he did it to Dr. Zoidberg's slinky, it ended up like this:


MY SLINKY!!!!!

And tries to fix it, and ends up like this:

It even catches on fire.

Shampoo.
Shampoo.
You're laughing aren't you? I am. It's even got "poo" in it.
Wouldn't it make much more sense to call it "hairwash"? Now I know you're laughing at hairwash. You dirty individual. If someone didn't know what shampoo is, and you said "I'm going to shampoo my hair", they'd be quite confused as to what you're doing with your hair. They would conjure up images of you buying cheap chook poo from the Saturday markets and rubbing it in your hair.
Actually, when you deconstruct the word shampoo its two words "sham" and "poo". So basically it contains:
"Sham", as if someone has given you a hard deal. Basically ripped you off big time.
And
"poo", Fecal Matter. Deffication.
So basically its someone who's ripped you off of poo. It's a poo sham.
I repeat: Shampoo is a Poo Sham.

Even look at some of the brands:
Herbal essence (Cow Poo)
Garnier Fructis (Fruit bat poo)
Schwarzkopf (Cop poo from a guy named Schwarz)

It makes sense!


Although the softness and the clean feeling is to die for.

*Among other things, ancient Egyptians worshipped cabbages*

Hooroo all.

1 comment:

Andy said...

WHAT THE? bass broke -.-

how the hell did that end up happening. thats horrible. in so many ways.

like, REALLY horrible =/ Utter shock =/

There is no emoticon that can express the shock I have. =(

Chances are you'll have to deal with a 4 string bass that you can borrow of someone. If you desperately need the 5 string, best thing you could do is hire it for 2 days.
Make sure you send a letter to Garth about what happened in advance, as opposed to telling him on the day.

Sorry to hear about that man =/ and we were thinking it was gonna come back all shiny and new T.T

Music. Sport. Friends. Family. Life.