Wednesday, January 21, 2009

# 15 - I lost and found a slice of chimney

Once again, i'm sitting in my boxers with a glass of scotch rambling again, so watch out! Then again, I'm usually quite 'comfortable' when I type these things, cause i'm in my pj's or I have boxers on. Read that again and you might figure out what I wear to bed, or don't, cause that might be a bad idea.

Oh well...

Onto what i've been thinking about lately:

Thought #1 - The fashion, style and other trends these days

Is it just me, or is the fashion trends becoming more and more weird? I mean, the only thing that has kept constant throughout the many years have been jeans, and even they change. We all went though a "ripped jean" stage where we bought ripped jeans or we cut them with a pair of scissors and we ripped and frayed them ourselves. Now we're wearing 'skinny' jeans where you can see guys calf muscles through them, they're completely wrong.


c'mon, this does NOT look cool...

I've also noticed that jeans are getting lower and lower lately. What's next.....?

so hot right now...

But, nothing has been worse that some hair-cuts i've seen lately. I saw a girl, who had the back of her head shaved and half of the left side, though, her right side was completely combed over to cover her left. It looked, WRONG.

I've actually been thinking of fashion trends that have stuck within the past decade, and so be honest, the only one which has lived is the 'emo', which in itself is a degenerative trend. To be honest, i think the only thing we can take away from it is the amount of jokes and stuff we can take away from the trend, such as joking about cutting and stuff (even though its a serious issue, we all laugh) and how its made Kodak sales go through the roof cause everyone wants pictures of their fringes on myspace on a black and white or sepia picture.
*sigh*
I'll finish this part of my ranting off with a picture which always makes me laugh (related to the emo culture)

Thought #2 - Have you ever thought...

The creator of Mario was probably high on drugs when making the game? I mean, Mario is a fat plumber with a brother luigi who constantly go down pipes, and to give yourself a 'fighting' chance you eat a 'magic mushroom' which you apparently get bigger OR gives you an extra life... cause these ones are green. You know, you go through all the levels of mario, but you never see a mushroom field. Here, i pose the question, where do they get their magic mushrooms?

And THEN you start seeing a little toadstool man after eating the mushrooms, and you run into a 'magic flower' which makes you reckon you can shoot fireballs out your hands. Not to mention that they're going through 'pipes' and that there's a castle outside, which you enter... fair enough... but THEN you go outside again? What's that about? And where did the fireworks come from?

I think the creator of Mario is a little racist to be honest! Like, he's fat, he's a plumber, he speaks broken english, he's got a moustache, His name is MARIO, he's completely pussy whipped and I can almost garuntee he loves pasta. Go the Italian-American stereotype!

Also, he's a plumber, but we never see him running around with a plunger. What's up with that? That's just not cool. Get it together Nintendo!

To sum up... mario is an addict:

*The points of light that you see behind your eyelids when you shut your eyes really hard are called Phosphenes.*

Hooroo all!

2 comments:

madmooemily said...

Haha, I’d admit I’ve done that rip and tear thing to my jeans…
The emo picture made me laugh. I recently got into that Mario discussion with someone else, tired to tell me Mario was better then Link…boy did they have it coming.
And yes, cheers to poor uni students!
you know that word verification thingy below?...todays word is 'nuties' lol

haisuphelga! said...

Playing Wario Smooth Moves confirms the fact that they all sit around and just get high and go "OH lets make them shake the wii controler and then it becomes a banana and a gorilla comes and eats it! FANTASTIC!"

...

and my word verication says unsw and works..
subliminal advertising!

Music. Sport. Friends. Family. Life.